Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thank You

I have been absolutely dreading doing this post, but I know eventually I would have to write something to explain what is going on in our lives. A week ago today Brandon and I found out that we lost our sweet little angel, Aidan. I went in for a doctor's visit and they found that his little heart had stopped. They do not know why and it is actually quite rare for him being 23 weeks along, but I have to realize that God has a higher plan that we don't understand.

Since then it feels like my heart has stopped. I feel like it is broken in a million pieces and I can't put it back together. It is amazing the love a mother can have for an unborn child. The love I feel for Aidan is stronger than anything I can explain through words. He truly is our little angel.

At this time I am so thankful for the gospel in our lives. The power of prayer has been absolutely amazing. Although the pain has yet to go away, the peace Brandon and I have felt is a peace that only comes from God. We know that we are getting through every hour of this trial only because of all the prayers that have been said in our behalf and we want to thank you for them.

On Saturday we went in for the induction. I was so so afraid for this part. I was afraid to see my baby and have to let him go. I would almost panic every time I thought of doing so. This experience was the exact opposite of what I thought it would be. I have never been so calm and at peace in my life.This feeling of peace is absolutely indescribable. Right now I am at a loss of words trying to explain how Brandon and I felt. The Lord was truly at our side and we feel like our little angel was there comforting us as well. He was absolutely the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I have already shared this poem with a lot of you but for the rest of you that haven't read it I want to share it. A friend shared this with me who has gone through this same experience and it touched me and has comforted me.

Mommy I'm Here

Mommy I know this day wasn't what you had planned,
But I'm right here beside you, holding your hand.
My spirit has already gone, there's so much work to do,
But our Father let me come today so i could comfort you.
I know you and Daddy love me, and it's hard to see me go,
But that is why we're sent to earth, so we can learn and grow.
I wish I could stay with you here and play with my brother too,
But for now I'll have to wait until your missions are though.
I'll be near when you need me to wipe away your tears,
to hold you tight and kiss your cheeks and chase away your fears.
And on the day our Father calls you to come home
I'll be right there to get you, you'll never be alone.

-Deanne Taylor

I truly felt like we were not alone through this experience and I know that our little Aidan has a higher purpose with our Heavenly Father. Although at times I feel bitter and angry I pray everyday for an understanding and peace.

So this is what has happened this last week. We go in next Thursday to try to get some answers and test results. The physicians ordered a lot of labs on me and on Aidan. They did an autopsy on him as well as some chromosomal studies. They are also studying the placenta which I guess the lady that does this is one of the best in the world. I'm not so worried as to what happened to Aidan as I am about preventing it from happening again. I know that he has a higher purpose at this time.

I just want to thank everyone again for the never ending love, support, and prayers. We have truly been blessed with the best family and friends anyone could ask for. I am thankful for a health-care team that has been absolutely phenomenal. I had nurses that truly comforted me beyond anything that is imaginable. I can only aspire to be a nurse like them. My eyes have been opened to the suffering that many families face and trials that are beyond anything that I have faced. I can only be grateful for the lessons I have learned and pray for those who have it much harder. Thank you again for the love and support.

30 comments:

Just Us said...

I am truly amazed at the perspective you have after a week. I believe that the lord has a plan for everyone, but that doesn't always make it easy to accept. You are definently a role model to so many in this situation with the perspective you have given. My heart goes out to you both, but I thank you for sharing this-I can't imagine how difficult it was for you. Thank you for sharing, especially the poem-it has opened my eyes to the fact that life truly is a miracle. I will keep you all in my prayers!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

THAT POEM GAVE ME CHILLS BECKY! YOU ARE TRULY AN AMAZING PERSON AND THE LORD ONLY GIVE US WHAT WE CAN HANDLE-IN YOUR CASE THAT WAS ALOT. YOU ARE SO STRONG AND THE LORD KNOWS THAT. I AM SURE IT IS STILL DIFFICULT BUT YOU ARE HANDLING IT WELL. YOU ARE IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND WE THINK ABOUT YOU AND BRANDON OFTEN. I WISH I COULD JUST GIVE YOU A BIG HUG. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT AT THE DR. I AM SURE THERE IS SOMETHING THAT WILL CAUSE WHATEVER HAPPENED NOT TO NEXT TIME. AFTER THE TRIALS, YOU WILL BE BLESSED! WE LOVE YOU AND TAKE CARE!

Lisa said...

You are such an amazing girl and we love you. You are in our prayers.

Teresa said...

Becky, you and Brandon are in my prayers. Aiden was so lucky to have such a wonderful mommy. I know you will see him again. Your earthly life is different but your eternal life will still be the same, just hold on tight and don't give up. I love you and am here if you need me.

Unknown said...

Becky, you and Brandon are two of the greatest people I know! That little spirit was so lucky to have you as parents for a short period of time, and also for eternity! I love that poem! IT is so sweet and really makes you understand how special those little ones are. We love you! If you need anything, please give us a call!

Peach said...

What a strong spirit you have. Aidan must have gotten that from you. When you are down, remember that feeling of peace you had the day he was born. That feeling was his spirit there with you strengthening and comforting you. He will continue to be an extra source of strength and comfort throughout your life. It is such a bittersweet blessing.
Never forget, and never let others forget, that you are are will forever be a mother. You are one of the special mothers chosen to give a body to one of the most noble spirits ever created. Be proud of yourself and proud of Aidan.

Courtney and Andrew said...

I am truly sorry for your loss and look up to you so much for how strong you are being! Realize that it is ok to have bad days and be mad because life will get better! WE will pray for you and Brandon and hope that you will find the answers you need! Love ya! and take care!

Taryn said...

Becky please know the entire Hansen family is praying for you and Brandon. Your post was beautiful and I think you did a great job expressing your love for Aiden. Faith and prayer are sometimes all we have during trials. I still cling to them for support on a daily basis. Know that you and your sweet family are in our prayers.

A said...

Hey Becky I just wanted to let you know that I am so so sorry. We are praying for you!

sam and kyrsten said...

What a beautiful post. I am Scott Hansen's daughter and I have a deep love for your wonderful family. I am so sorry for the many trials that you have had to face in the past few weeks. I cannot imagine the heartache you have faced. Thank you for sharing your testimony of eternal families and the wonderful Gospel that we have. May you be blessed at this hard time. I am thankful for your example and positive attitude. Good luck to you and your husband. I wish you the best!

Jessica Adams said...

You have had a pretty tough road! I am so sorry for what you and Brandon have had to go through the last little bit! You are in our prayers. I know Heavenly Father will help you through these times. That is kind of the only thing that can get us through things like this. I guess just know that it may take time to get through this...that all your emotions that you are having are NORMAL. The poem was probably the sweetest most comforting poem Ive ever heard!

Peach said...

This is Doug Caldwell, Dana's brother and Marie's husband. I just want you to know how much my heart hurts for you. I want Brandon to know that if he ever wants to talk to someone who understands, I'm here anytime, just call.

Dana said...

Beautiful post Beck. I am so glad you felt the peace we were all praying for you to have. We love ya!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

Beck~ Your awesome. The post was beautiful. You have such a great outlook on life and are truely an amazing example to us. Hang in there. We love you guys!

Team Tingey said...

Becky,
You are an outstanding person and sister. Your example of courage and faith has been truly remarkable. We look up to you in many ways, especially because you have tremendous faith in the Lord. We love you so much!

chelseyandmatt said...

becky..i just found your blog. anyway, i just wanted to tell you how awesome you are. I can't believe your amazing attitude. I know it's not easy, but you had a perfect little child who didn't even need to come down here! Anyway, although it made me bawl my eyes out, it was awesome. And I will keep you in my prayers! Everything will work out and you will have many more beautiful children to come! Good luck with everything! -Chelsey

Kit said...

Oh Becky, I saw your comment on Amy's blog and was excited to look you up... I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I have a very dear friend who lost her twins and have watched from the sidelines the hard trial that it has been. Thank you for sharing your insights. I felt your humility, love, and faith, and it strenghtened me. You are a very good person. I AM thinking of you and your little family at this time. I pray that you will continue to feel your little angel with you....

Stacy said...

Becky I am so glad that I got to talk to you last night. You are such an amazing person. Reading your post really touched my heart. I am so glad that you could express your feelings. After reading it I just started to cry. I just have to say that I am so glad that you are my friend. You bring out the best in everyone who knows you. As I think back on our friendship, you were always there when I had trials. I hope that I have helped you in a small way you have helped me before. I know that Heavenly Father will keep blessing you and Brandon because of the kind of people you are. Your in my prayers. I love you!

Courtney and Andrew said...

You have plenty of time to shoot those cute little kids out and while you will be the perfect mother because you be a little older then I was I will be running around crazy as all get out screaming at my children!
How are you feeling? How are things going? I hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. If you need anything please let me know....even if your in NY. Our prayers are with you!!

Mr. Broadhead said...

Hi Becky! I am so glad you started blogging so we can keep in touch! I am so sorry about your little angel! I can't even imagine what you are going through and I am grateful you shared how you are doing. You are truly an amazing person and I look up to you so much! I have been praying for you (I found out last week before I saw your blog) and will continue as I know it will take some time. I love you and am excited to keep in touch!

Mr. Broadhead said...

Sorry I am logged in under Rods account- Mr. Broadhead!! I hate when i do that!! love ya!

"Nevada" Romriells said...

Becky-I am so sorry to hear about your little baby-our prayers are with you-Jill R

Shai Brown said...

Hi Becky - I saw your link on Amy's, so I hope you don't mind I snooped. Anyways...I'm so sorry you had to go throught that. I truly can't imagine how hard it is, but it's always nice to remember that we won't be given any trial that we can't handle. You are an amazing person. You're in my prayers.

Shai Brown said...

Sorry I didn't put my name on the last post. Shai (Bosworth)Brown

Amanda said...

Hey Becks,
I just kind of feel like i'm at a loss for words. I talked to Kris last week and she told me the news, and I just wept. I didn't even know what to say to her, let alone to you. Gosh, I'm crying as I'm writing this... I just want you to know that I love you so much and hold you and Brandon on a pedestal. I'm so proud of you for the way you have handled this trial in your life. Ryan and I have been keeping you in our prayers EVERY night. Things will look up, I promise. It must be such a comfort for you to know that you will be reunited with Aidan someday. You have an eternal family! What a blessing!! I love you and think about you often. Love, manda

Michelle Hepworth said...

Becky, This is Michelle (Amber's cousin). She was telling me your story and told me to come read the poem that you put on here. You have moved me to tears and I am so proud of your example. I will pray for you in finding out what happened.

Tiffany said...

Hey Becky! I wanted to let you know how sorry we are about your little boy. You are such a strong person. love ya!

The Armstrong Family said...

Becky, you don't know me, but I am a cousin of Stacy Aplington. I heard about your situation and wanted to let you know that your blog really helped me out. I also lost my little boy on November 6. He was 33 weeks along. I truly believe Heavenly Father is gathering up an army and our little ones happen to be among that army. I can't stop wondering how I got to be so blessed to have been given a PERFECT child. I don't know exactly how you are feeling, every situation is different but I hope you are doing okay. I don't know how people can go through this without the gospel and not know for sure if they will see their loved ones again. Isn't it nice to know that YES WE WILL SEE THEM AGAIN and we will have that wonderful opportunity to raise them. Anyways, I am so sorry to blubbering, I just wanted to say thank you for your post. It has truly helped me these past few days. Take Care, Heidi Armstrong

Robyn said...

Becky- I saw your dad this weekend at the Festival of Trees dinner and I never got the chance to ask how you were doing. But tonight I came across your blog and peeked in on it. I am so sorry. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us and for your baby. You will be in my prayers. Robyn (Jensen) Royce