Friday, December 5, 2008

Christmas in New York!

I have been looking forward to Christmas in New York since we moved here and it is absolutely all it's cracked up to be! It is so beautiful here and we have been so fortunate to share this time with family. Sarah and Sterling were here last week and my brother and his girlfriend are coming next week. I think it was kind of a small miracle that both Brandon's brother and my brother chose to come a month after I miscarried. Family was exactly what we needed. The love and support has been amazing and I needed Sterling here to drag me around the city to get things off my mind and bring my spirits up. Although I had a few small melt downs while Sterling and Sarah were here (thanks Sarah and Ster for dealing with me) I would have to say Brandon and I are doing exceptionally better than I had anticipated and things only get better each day. We are definitely full of hope.

So I realize I didn't take too many pictures because I figured Sterling would, and Sarah will probably post some of the amazing photos he took, but here are some of the sub par photos Brandon and I took.




Here is us on the boat ride over to the Statue of Liberty
Group photo that we were hoping to have the Statue of Liberty in, but no complaints at least someone was willing to take the picture in the first place.
Brandon, Sarah, and Sterling chose to go to the Macy's Day Parade. I on the other hand was home in bed. I'm the party pooper of the family. My excuse was that I was too tired from the nonstop day before, which was absolutely true.
Thanksgiving dinner with family, friends, and the sister missionaries. First time cooking dinner. Sarah and I made homemade stuffing and yams. I have to say for first timers, dinner was a hit.




This was at the Bronx zoo. This was me the whole time except when I was freaking out over the cute animals. Brandon was in class and being the nice wife I am I had to make sure he wasn't missing out. I was sending him texts and pictures the whole time. Pretty sure he was sick of me and ignoring me on purpose.
Okay so this is a chubby Kangaroo. I loved him so much. I kept telling Sarah I have a hard time at zoos because we can only look and I just wanted to hold all the animals. She thought I was crazy.

So I realize now I wrote about how perfect Christmas in NY is and didn't take any pictures of it. I'll try to get some when my brother comes next week. Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

6 comments:

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

I am so glad you have had family time!! Sarah and Ster are awesome and it looks like you guys had a blast. Christmas in NY is one my goals to get to before we're done with school. I'm glad it's all that it's cracked up to be. I've been thinken about you so much and I'm glad you are hangin in there!! I'm excited to see you over Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Hey. I found your blog. How's school going? Are you surviving (Becky)? That first year of school was one of the hardest things I had to do and I wasn't even the one going to school. Hope you guys have a great Christmas.

"Nevada" Romriells said...

I couldn't even imagine Christmas in New York-it looks like there is so much going on!!! Jill

Anonymous said...

Christmas in NY is the best!! It is so beautiful and the mood is amazing!!! Oh I miss new york I ma jealous that you guys live there!! Hope all is good!!

Chelsie said...

Love this post! Looks like you guys had a good time! The picture of you and the phone just crack me up! What a good wife you are Becky, I'm sure Brandon loved every single update and picture!

The Armstrong Family said...

Hi Becky, Thank you so much for giving me your number, I just might have to use it someday. As you probably know, some days are better than others and I really think talking about it is therapeutic in a way. I hope you are doing well. We seem to be doing better everyday. I thought maybe I should give you my number too, just incase and please use it if you ever feel like it 208-220-2689. Have a good Christmas and take care.