Tuesday, November 16, 2010

One Year


Happy Birthday to our sweet Caden!
(we made it through the first year)

Can't stop smiling when I look at this.

My good friend Maribeth Youngberg graciously agreed to taking Cade's one year photos. Don't quite think she knew what she was getting herself into. Caden was a nightmare! But by the looks of the photos you never would have guessed. Thank you so much Maribeth. You dealt with a lot of stress, crying, and Brandon and I trying not to scream at each other. :) I owe you. Who would have thought that taking pictures would be so stressful.






Here are a few things I love about my little guy:

I love how he never stops smiling. He even smiles in between sobs of crying. He is such a happy boy!

I love it when I open the door on Monday after work and he speed crawls over to me and won’t let me put him down for the rest of the night.

I love his giggle.

I love how he peaks through his fingers when we are playing peekaboo.

I love how he waddles like a penguin when he walks.

I love that he keeps me company when I run.

I love that he is always such a good tag a long. Wherever I go he goes and he’s always happy. I haul him all around the city with friends and he rarely cries. I don’t think outings with friends would be the same without Caden. I think everyone would agree.

I love that he calls his ball his “mama.”

I love his chubby belly. So cute in tight footy pjs

I love that his hair is always poking strait up (may be my fault I never comb it)

I love how he always claps when I sing.

And most importantly I love that he loves me no matter what.

"Excuse me, I'm trying to read my card from grandma would you leave me alone. "

Wherever Caden goes there is a smile. A smile on his face and a smile on the faces of those in his presence. I get butterflies in my stomach every Monday on my way home from work when I realize I’m going home to see him. We are so lucky to have him in our family. Happy Birthday Caden. We love you!

14 comments:

Harding Family said...

He is so cute Becky! I can't believe he is already one! Your family pictures turned out great!

Lisa said...

He is adorable! What awesome family pictures - you can't even tell there was any drama! :) Your family is so cute!

chelseyandmatt said...

He is so cute! I can't believe he is already one, it goes by too fast! You look amazing in the family pictures too by the way :)

sam and kyrsten said...

HOly smokes he is cute! can i say you have the most beautiful family! you are beautiful! love the family pictures!

Stacy said...

I can't believe he is already one. He is growing up so fast. Your pictures turned out so cute and how beautiful you look!! I miss you tons and we need to catch up on life sometime.

Taryn said...

What great pictures! You look beautiful and your little man looks darling! I love how much joy these little kiddos bring into our lives!

Peach said...

He's a doll!

The Ericksons said...

He is just so handsome! You are one lucky mama!

Laura Lyden said...

Happy Birthday Caden! Could he be any cuter? I can not believe that heis already 1. I love the pictures- you look amazing. I loved talking to you the other day! Miss you!

Team Tingey said...

I love how cute my little nephew is! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM! You look so good too Becky. It is crazy how picture day can turn out to be so stressful but when you get the pics back it makes it all worth it.

Maria said...

Becky, this is Maria...i found your blog through Rachael's blog.
Happy B-day Caden!
The photos that Maribeth took are awesome. I really like the one of you and Caden with his hat and tie...priceless. You made me laugh with the chubby belly comment. Also, he looked like he was really reading his b-day card with a lot a detail. Such a cute little boy!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Happy 1st Birthday Caden!

Tiffany said...

becky, he is so stinkin cute! I am glad that you are doing so well. I love the pictures!!!

Kit said...

That first pic is to die for Becky!!! I can't believe it's been a year already!!! Hasn't it flown!?? He is certainly a cutie and you are such a darling mom!