Thursday, November 19, 2009

He is here!!!

Well our little guy is finally here, 3 weeks early and a little unexpected, but here and healthy! He was 6 lb 4 oz and 19 inches and absolutely beautiful! His name is Caden Charles Mennear. Here is our story:

So since I was about 20 weeks along I have been going and having growth ultrasounds once a month due to the high risk pregnancy. Starting at 32 weeks I have been having Non-stress tests done bi-weekly. The doctor was keeping close tabs on us.

So this last Friday I went in for the sonogram, an NST, and I had a doctor's visit. NST was great but slowly each month his growth percentiles have slowly been dwindling on the growth chart, and this time the ultrasound showed the same thing. Finally at this visit the doctor looked at me and said, "we are not waiting until 39 weeks I'm going to be honest I'm getting worried." Well if she was concerned so was I. I called Brandon who was a bit stressed because he had his last final that day, I think he was quite overwhelmed but he finished his final and we had a baby.

The delivery for the most part was uneventful. So grateful for that. I was in absolute awe when he came out. I still can't believe he is here and he is real. I am so in love, and dad wow, so is he. Ever since the moment he saw him his heart melted. My mom is here which if she wasn't I'm sure I'd be a basket case. We were not quite ready for Caden to come (not quite is an understatement) so my mom of course has saved the day. Here are some pictures of the cutie.


Last picture of me pregnant. Night we were going in to the hospital.

Dad holding Caden. We definitely had a great view of the East River out our window, don't you think?


First family photo!

Aunt Kristy bought Caden this little dog outfit. 1) I love dogs and 2) I realized I didn't have any newborn clothing, so before my mom came Kristy was off on a hunt for newborn clothing. I have 0-3 months and they drown him. Well here is Caden getting ready for his 1st trip to the pediatrician. I had to dress him up for all my co-workers since I work in this office. Everyone fell in love with him!
Everyone usually gets to post darling pictures of their husbands holding baby and sleeping. I haven't had any of those. No sleeping pictures, only pictures of him holding baby while studying. Every night he grabs Caden while he listens to lectures. Bonding time, Brandon loves it. This particular night Caden was a lot more alert.



More studying!

39 comments:

Lisa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is beautiful! You look amazing! I am SOO happy for you guys!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

BECKY!!! he is adorable!! congrats! I love his hair! and you are looking fantastic!

Taryn said...

He is darling! Oh wow, it makes me so excited. So glad everyone is healthy and doing great!

Ty and Em said...

Oh, PERFECTION! So happy for you guys.

Kassie said...

Yay Becky! He is so beautiful! And so teeny in the picture up on Brandon'ts shoulder :) Congratulations!! xoxo

Unknown said...

He couldn't be handsomer! And you look beautiful in the pre-hospital picture.

Harding Family said...

Congratulations! I am so glad everything went well and you are all home and healthy!

Stacey said...

I have been anxious for you to post pictures and I will say it was well worth the wait. He is adorable! I can't wait to meet him! Congrats! Can't wait to see more of him as he grows!

The Ericksons said...

He is just so cute! I am glad everything went relatively well. You look great too! Congrats!

Dana said...

It was so good to talk to you. Ah, you are making me want mine so bad. He is so beautiful!!! I see lots of Mennear, not much Tingey. So sweet, you look great too!!

The Armstrong Family said...

Congratulations...I am so happy everything went well. He is SO stinkin cute! Welcome to motherhood...it is wonderful.

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you guys. I'm glad you posted cause I was just about to text you and see if the plan was still to be induced in a couple of days!!! He is so cute and I am so glad all is well!!!!!! You guys are going to be great parents and he is so lucky to be apart of your family.

IRISH BERNT'S said...

CONGRATS! HE IS BEAUTIFUL AND YOU LOOK GREAT ALSO. SO GLAD ALL IS GOING WELL. BRANDON LOOKS SO PROUD. WE CAN'T WAIT TO MEET BABY CADEN! TAKE CARE AND HAVE FUN!
LOVE
THE BERNTS

Stacy said...

I am so glad to finally get to see what this little guy looks like. He is a cutie! I think he looks like your little brother Tanner. Anyway, it was nice talking to you the other day. Call me again sometime!

Kevin said...

Becky I am so happy for you and Brandon!! Congratulation, Caden is so precious. I'm glad everyone is doing well, and you look great! By the way, this is Stefanie not Kevin

Mandy said...

This is Dana's sister Mandy. Just wanted to say congratulations, and he is a cutie!

Allie White said...

OH MY BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!! I can't wait to hold him and kiss his little face!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations. Keep the beautiful pictures coming:)

Love,
The Whites

Megan said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! We definitely need to let our little guys meet over Christmas.

chelseyandmatt said...

Oh my gosh, I am so so happy for you! Congrats, he is perfect-- soooo cute!! That is good your mom was able to come, definitely does make a HUGE difference!! You look great, what a cute family!

Kit said...

Congrats!!!! I love him! He is such a doll Becky! SO happy for you guys! Makes me excited for what is to come...

Dustin and Melissa said...

Congratulations! Caden is precious! I am glad that Dustin and I had the chance to visit with you and hold Caden when he was only one day old. He is so sweet and we are so happy for you and Brandon!

Team Tingey said...

OH MY HECK!!!! I want to hold my little nephew so BAD!!!! He is so handsome and adorable. We can't wait to see you, Brandon & Caden. Love you guys!

Peach said...

Becky! I am so happy for you! He is absolutely beautiful. He will be doubly blessed having a big brother in heaven watching over and protecting him. Yea! So so happy for y'all!

Unknown said...

Becky,
I stumbled upon your blog the other day. Congratulations on the new little guy! He is absolutely adorable! Hope everything is going great!
Melissa & Scott Rich

Chelsie said...

I LOVE HIM, LOVE HIM, LOVE HIM!!! Counting down the days 'til Christmas break! Can't wait to see all 3 of you!

Echo said...

YAY! What a handsome fella. I am so glad he is! (geez, you really forget how small they are) Enjoy every minute of him, (even when the little pee pee gets away from ya! Maybe invest in one of those pee covers! :o) Hope everything is going well...what am I saying, of course they are, you just took part in a miracle! Wish I could hold the little munchkin

A said...

Becky,
I have been thinking and wondering about you too. I've been stalking your blog and facebook, hoping to hear the good news. I am sooo glad all went well and you are both healthy. You seriously look so amazing in your pics these last 2 posts. I'm serious, I think my stomach was bigger than yours at 6 months than when you were going in to deliver!! And it still is with no baby in it! Congratulations a hundred times, you deserve it! I love his blonde hair, he is so precious.

matt, amanda, kylee said...

congrats you guys!! he is adorable, i'm glad everything went all right. what a blessing babies are! i love the dog outfit!

Unknown said...

He is sooooo adorable! What a sweet little boy!! We were looking at your pictures and Cannon said to me, "When we go to their house..should I hold that cute baby?" It made me laugh because now Leighton is moving around a little too much for his liking! :) Congrats you guys! WE Love you and are very proud!

Furniss Family said...

I am so glad here is here safe and sound!!! He is so adorable and you guys will be such great parents. It's funny how you instantly are in Love with your baby isn't it? I am a high risk pregnancy right now too and now on bed rest, can I just say how that stinks!! It's always comforting when everything goes good with the delivery.

Garrett said...

BECKY! I will definitely send your love their way. I am excited to see everyone. Congratulations. We all think that your baby is beautiful. I am relieved that everything went well with the pregnancy. It is a huge blessing to be grateful for this holiday season. See you in a little over a month.

Lyssi-Lou said...

He's gorgeous. Come and visit us in Idaho so we can hold him!

sam and kyrsten said...

he is absolutely beautiful! congratultions~!

Tiffany said...

becky! He is beautiful! I am so glad that everything went so well for you. Isn't it the best having your mom help with your baby! They truly save the day! I'm excited for you to come at Christmas! Let me know when you are here! Enjoy this newborn time because they grow up so fast and then they are tearing your house apart. :)

Hailey said...

Becky! I just found your blog...and it was good timing to be able to see your precious little guy. Congrats! He is beautiful and you are looking fabulous as always! I hope you guys are doing great!

Brittany said...

congratulations!!! he is so adorable!!!

Seleta said...

Congrats! we are so excited for you guys! Hope all is going well!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

He is beautiful!! congrates

Broadhead Family said...

Becky!!!! Congrats 2 months late! He is a doll! You look amazing too! We have got to try and get together to play catch up!! love you!