Friday, May 22, 2009

News from New York!

Well I haven't posted forever because nothing really new has gone on in our lives here in New York. I go to work and come home and go to bed. Brandon goes to school, studies and sleeps. But lately life has changed up a bit. I go to work, sleep, and lately have had so many doctor's appointments. We are expecting again!!!!! Very exciting news and very scary news at the same time. We are due the beginning of December and hoping everything will go well this time around. I'm just about 12 weeks along. Usually at this point people are seeing their doc for the first time. I've met with my physician 3 times, met with a nurse on 2 different occasions, and met with an ultrasound tech for my 1st trimester sonogram. I've been pretty busy but I'm grateful that everything is being done for us to have this baby.

So for those of you who don't know I have an auto-immune disease called Anti-phospholipid Antibody Syndrome. Basically my blood clots a lot more quickly than it is supposed to and that is why we lost our son late in the second trimester last pregnancy. As they examined the placenta it supposedly had several clots so our little guy wasn't getting the oxygen and nutrients he needed.

I am so grateful they found this my first pregnancy. Many women with this have many miscarriages before they discover this problem. As I've researched I've found that without medication the chance of women with this disorder to give birth to a living infant is about 10% each pregnancy. Can I just say that I will be forever be grateful for modern medicine. It is truly an amazing thing.

Well that's about it. I'm giving myself Low molecular Heparin shots daily on top of Baby Aspirin. I'm participating as part of a study with women who have either anti-phospholipid syndrome and/or Lupus. It is the least I can do to try to help physicians become more aware of this disorder and how to continue to treat it so women like myself can have viable pregnancies. Anyways, that is my story. Keep us in your prayers. I pray every night that our son Aidan will help prepare our other children to come down to us. Prayers are answered.

26 comments:

Stacey said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome. I am so excited for you guys. Good luck with everything. You are in our prayers! Congrats!

Genevieve said...

Congratulations Becky! We need to talk!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Congrats Becky! That is VERY exciting news! You and your family are in our prayers!!!

The Ericksons said...

We are so excited for you guys! You are such an amazing person! I really do hope and pray that this little one will make it and that you especailly will be able to get all the help you need!

Lisa said...

Congratulations! That is great news! Good luck - I hope it all turns out well. Keep us posted. You are definitely in our prayers!

Peach said...

Yes, prayers are answered and we're proof! Keeping you and your little one in my prayers! Congrats!!

Teresa said...

I am so happy for you Becky! You are always in my prayers and I hope you know how much I love you. You better keep me posted!!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! That is so exciting! I bet you are so happy! We love you guys!

Just Us said...

Good luck...I am so happy for you!! Prayers are answered, that I believe so I will be praying for you and your little one!!!

chelseyandmatt said...

Congratulations and good luck! I'm so so happy for you!! And of course we will be praying for you guys:)

A said...

Yay Becky!! I can't believe all you have to go through for your pregnancies! Your kids are lucky to have such an amazing mother!! We'll be thinking and praying for you!

Dustin and Melissa said...

Congratulations to you and Brandon! We could not be happier! You two are such an amazing couple and we love having you as friends.

I feel like we have not seen you in forever! Let's plan another trip to the temple. It sounds like we have a lot of catching up to do! Love ya!

Matt, Amy, Grant, Tyson, and Palmer said...

You are so awesome and I am so excited for you guys!! You guys are in our prayers and will continue to be. It was so fun to see you guys in NEW YORK!! Thanks for meeting up with us. Sorry it was so crazy and Grant was a little out of control so we didn't really get to talk a ton, but it was so good to see you.

Shai Brown said...

We will definately keep you in our prayers. That is so exciting...and I pray everything will go as hoped!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

congrats like we told you before. hope all is going well. keep us posted, and you are in our prayers daily! we love and miss you!
bernts

Casey and Kristi said...

Congrats!! I hope everything goes well, just keep up that positive outlook!!! You will make a great little mommy!!

Megan said...

Congrats Becky and Brandon! We are so excited for you guys! -Megan and Michael

Luke and Amy Aplington said...

I am so happy for you!! Congrats!!

sam and kyrsten said...

what a beautiful blessing! congratulations you guys! that is wonderful news!

Kassie said...

Congratulations! I haven't checked your blog forever and I'm so glad I did! You will be in our prayers.

xoxo

Hunter Clan said...

Congrats you guys!!!! we are so excited for you! We will be praying for you & we hope all goes well! Love ya!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Congrats Becky and Brandon! We couldn't be more happy for you. You are definitely in our prayers. We appreciate all that Brandon does as our home teacher and love you both so much as our friends. We need to do something this summer!

"Nevada" Romriells said...

Congrats!! I am so so excited for you and have my fingers and toes crossed all goes well!

Stephensen's said...

Congratulations! Good luck with everything, we will most definitely keep you guys in our prayers! Hope all is well!

Furniss Family said...

Congrat's to the both of you!! That is such great news after everything you have been through already!! I hope and pray everything goes well for you this time around. Hope you are doing great in NY and having fun!

Kit said...

COngrats!! I am so happy for you guys!! I will definitely be saying some prayers!