Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Home for the Holidays

So I thought I'd give a little update on the holidays. First of all my wreath that I am so proud of. Our ward for enrichment has made homemade wreaths as a tradition for years and years. People talk about this activity for a months before Christmas. Now, I am so not artistic but this activity was a blast and I have to show off my wreath. There were real pine wreaths, holly berry, pine cones, tree ornaments, and ribbon. It was great!


So of course I had to put up a picture of the Rockefeller tree and ice skating. My brother and his friend came to visit and we went at the perfect time. The snow was coming down and it was beautiful. The picture of the 3 of us, not so flattering but it was freeeeezing!!!



So Brandon got to Poky about 6:00 am on his birthday. He was exhausted but it was a great gift for him to be home away from studying for a couple of weeks. And again notice my bubble letters on Brandon's Birthday Poster. For me this is good!

Christmas morning, Brandon very happy.


While at home Brandon's little sis got married. Here are a few of the pictures of the reception.





And last but not least a picture of my darling nephew, Ammon. Brandon left Poky a week before I did to start school. So the Friday before I left, Ammon took me on a date. He is so stinking cute. He came to the door with a rose in his hand. When I opened the door he said, "Will you go on a date with me," I couldn't stop smiling he is so cute. Jeff and Amber my brother and sister-in-law said he was walking around the house all evening with rose in hand practicing his speech. It was a great, and he took me to Sandpiper. I definitely could not complain. Well actually once during the "date" he yelled at me for laughing at him. Afterwords I tried to explain to him you don't yell at girls on a date, it is rude. Yeah, I don't think he was listening but I tried.


I told Brandon he had a lot to live up to when I returned home or Ammon would show him up. I guess the talk helped because I got home at like 10:30 at night and Brandon had a candle light dinner ready for me. Gosh I have been getting some special treatment lately. He got me daisys which I love and made spagetti and meatballs. Seriously he needs to cook more often because it was better than anything I had made lately. Anyways that is about it, now I've been brought back to reality where I am looking for a job. But at least I made many good memories. Thanks Ammon and Brandon for my dates. I love you guys!!!

18 comments:

Stacy said...

It was so nice having you here in Pocatello. I wish we could of spent more time together. That is so cute that Ammon took you on a date. I love the picture of him giving you a kiss! What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I was so fun to see you!!! That little guy is going to be a stud!! You were so lucky that he took you on a date!! Hope all is going great!!!

"Nevada" Romriells said...

Looks like you had a GREAT and much needed vacation. You look so Good!!!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you and Ammon! He has gotten so big-I remember you talking about him when he was just a baby-and way to go Brandon for the candlelight dinner! He's a good egg! I'm glad that you had a good Christmas break-I wish I had been able to make it up-but I'll be seeing you in May!!!

IRISH BERNT'S said...

IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AND SPEND TIME WITH YOU OVER THE BREAK. THE DATE SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN AND AMMON IS ADORABLE. WE MISS YOU ALREADY AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

Dana said...

Wow! Is Ammon available for the next time I am in town? Dan won't mind. What a cutie. It was good to see you for 30 minutes but I wish we could all get together for longer. Tell Brandon good luck with the new semester. We are all rooting for him to kick some Cornell booty! Love ya

Team Tingey said...

Ammon is feeling really special because he is on your blog. Although he saw the kissing pic and said "that's embarrassing!" I also think he has a bit of a crush in Sara because he keeps wanting to look at her pic and he tells me all about her taking our family picture. We sure miss you both and hope that we can come out and see you one of these days....well maybe i should say one of these years. It might be a while before we can get things under control around here. Also Ammon keeps telling everyone that he is going to your house to see the animals. He even knows where you live now...it's no longer Costa Rica! Well see ya later!

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad i got to see you while you were here! I'm glad that you had a great time! Ammon is so cute! Hey, just to let you know, I just started a blog of our little family. so check it out!
Love ya!

Clayton & Charish Hubbard said...

Hi Becky! Remember me!?! I followed you around for a couple of hours up at Portneuf... last summer-ish. I hope you don't mind if I check out your blog every once in a while. And I am super jealous you got to the rockefeller christmas tree, i'm sure it was beautiful!

Stefanie said...

Your wreath is pretty awesome. I'm sad we didn't get together over Christmas, but I'm glad you had a good break even though I wasn't a part of it. By the way, you look gorgeous.

Kit said...

That little Ammon is adorable!! I love it! Cute pictures and happy jpb hunting. Let us know where you end up.

Dustin and Melissa said...

Becky...I am so glad we get to share our blogs. I just spent some time this evening reading your blog and I am sitting here crying. I think you are an amazing woman and I have so much admiration for you. I think you have great faith and I feel so blessed just to know you. You are awsome.

Broadhead Family said...

Becky I just love you!! You are such an awesome person and always have been such a great example to everyone. we have got to try and meet up when both of us are in poky! I am glad you found out what is going on with your body- that sounds like a lot to take in!! I am amazed at how well you are doing! love you tonz!! Your wreath looks awesome and you are gorgeous!

sam and kyrsten said...

what a cute post! it looks like you guys had a good christmas! i love your hair it is so cute! PLEASE give me all the advice you have about NYC! we still havent figured out everything we are doing or where a good place to stay is.. if you have advice i would love it!

The Ericksons said...

Hey! I found your blog through Dana's. I love it. Give me your email and I will invite you to mine! You are in New York? That is awesome! We have some friends from USU actually that are going to dental school at NYU. How fun for you guys!

sam and kyrsten said...

hey we are coming to new york on the 25th... what do we absolutely NEED to do while we are there? if you guys have a night off and want to come do something that would be great! or if you need us to bring anything from your family when we come we would be more then happy to! cant wait to hear back from you

sam and kyrsten said...

hey thanks so much for all the advice. it helps alot! we are so excited to come and will definately give you a call! hope everything is going well!

matt, amanda, kylee said...

what a fun place to be for christmas! it was sooo good seeing you for new years, i hope all is going well and you're enjoying your time in new york we sure miss you guys!